FAQs: Health and Immunization Compliance


Q: Why do I need to complete the online forms and send in a paper health form?

A: The online forms are kept in your electronic health record. The paper health form is necessary for verification purposes.


Q: I want to submit my information before the deadline, but I am still receiving my vaccines. What should I do?

A: Send the information you have prior to the deadline. When you receive your other immunizations (i.e. second MMR) then fax over the information to our office at 410-516-4784.



Q: I completed all of the necessary pre-entrance requirements, but I still have an ISIS alert on my account. What should I do?

A: Please allow 5 business days for your health information to be received, reviewed and processed. If you are not compliant you will be notified.


Q: What happens if I miss the deadline?

A: You will not be able to add/drop classes and processing of your information will be significantly delayed.


Q: I do not have a health care provider to complete my pre-entrance health form.

A: Attach your officially documented immunization record to the pre-entrance health form and in the provider signature box write "see attached".


Q: I cannot find my immunization records; should I receive the vaccines again?

A: See a doctor. You can receive a blood test that will check for antibodies. These tests can also be performed at SHWC, at your own expense.


Q: I am a Post-doctoral student and I do not have a Hopkins ID, how do I obtain one?

A: Contact the SHWC to obtain a Hopkins ID by calling 410-516-8270


Q: I have a copy of my immunization records, do I still need to submit a pre-entrance health form?

A: Yes, a completed pre-entrance health form must be submitted. However, you can attach your immunization records to the health form and submit them.


Q: I am a returning student and completed the pre-entrance health requirements last year, do I need to complete the health form again?

A: No, if you are a returning student you do not need to complete the health form again.


Q: Do I need to complete the SHWC pre-entrance health form if I am turning in health related records to other departments?

A: Yes, all new students who are eligible to receive services from the SHWC are required to complete the SHWC pre-entrance health form.