Fees & Insurance

What do I pay for when I come to the Health Center?


Office Visits: There is no charge for office visits for all students enrolled full-time or part-time in the Schools of Arts and Sciences and Engineering as outlined in the "Eligibility" section of our Homepage. Visiting students who do not pay tuition to the university may utilize the services of the Student Health & Wellness Center on a fee-for-service basis. The fee-for-service is:


  •  $50.00 for an initial visit/problem; $30.00 for a follow-up visit



Medications: For your convenience, we carry a limited number of pre-packaged, more commonly prescribed pharmaceuticals. Click here to see our formulary. You may choose to purchase your prescription at the Student Health & Wellness Center if your prescription is prescribed by a JHU SH&WC health care provider and the prescription is part of our formulary. If your health insurance has a pharmacy plan with a co-pay for prescription drugs, you should purchase them from a local, chain pharmacy. There are several pharmacies located near the Homewood campus.


Medical Supplies: We currently carry some medical supplies, such as air casts and hand splints, but these items also must be prescribed by a JHU SH&WC health care provider.


What forms of payment are accepted at the JHU Student Health & Wellness Center?

  • cash

  • check

  • J-card

  • credit cards - VISA and Mastercard

  • student account billing (if you register through the Homewood Campus)


    Note:  To protect your privacy, charges on credit card and student account statements are noted as:  "Student Health & Wellness Center charge".


Medical Records:


Medical records sent to a physician or other medical facility as part of your continuing care or treatment are copied at no charge. Charges for copying medical records for other reasons are set by the State of Maryland and are as follows:


                               $ .73/page, plus the cost of shipping and handling


If you have graduated or left the university within the last 10 years and would like to request a copy of your medical records, please complete a "Release of Medical Records" form by clicking the link.









































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































  • Cash

  • Check
  • Credit Card (Visa or Master Card)
  • J-Card
  • Direct billing to student's university account (for charges of $8.00 or more















The Health and Wellness Center carries a limited number of commonly prescribed medications. The purpose of this service is to provide our patients with convenient access to these medications.

Only prescriptions written by a physician or certified nurse practitioner at the Health and Wellness Center can be filled at the Student Health and Wellness Center. If you have a prescription which was written by your private physician, you can have the prescription filled at a local pharmacy.

Please note that the Health and Wellness Center can only accept prescription co-payments from the Johns Hopkins University's designated insurance plan (currently sponsored by Chickering). If you do not have the Johns Hopkins University Student Health insurance, it may be less expensive for you to go to a local pharmacy, especially for expensive brand name medications.